3.6 Feature: Lock Screen

Hello,

A little off topic, but since the move to gnome-shell
I miss an automatic slideshow when the computer is idle
(a screensaver in old terminology).

How could it be integrated with the proposed design? Would
customization of the lock screen be possible? Maybe a rotating
background with a more transparent clock?

Though I understand that the default design of locking could be
a simple static clock (like on phones), that's not really appealing
for a  desktop...

Anyway I like the new design, only the change of background
when unlocking seems a bit weird.