Re: Tentative feature: Custom activities

On 26 April 2012 10:12, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> Hello Phil,
>
> On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 21:54 +0100, Phil Housley wrote:
>> Hello Gnome,
>>
>> (This is a bit long. Summary: Combine good bits of Gnome and Android
>> application models.)
>>
>> I know there has already been a lot of discussion around the new style
>> of Gnome applications, with the maximised by default windows and all
>> that, but I want to suggest a different way of thinking about the
>> issue.
> <snip>
>
> I see nowhere in your explanations who the owner of the feature is. It's
> a requirement to have somebody to develop the proposed features, as
> noted in Andre's mail:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2012-March/msg00005.html
>
> Is that developer you?
>
> Cheers

This is all just ideas at the moment, perhaps I shouldn't have even
put the word "feature" in the subject. If there's any interest at all
I will try and put together a spec, and see if there's enough to make
a real proposal, but I didn't like to do that speculatively when I
know I would need so many people to buy in to it.

Thanks,

--
Phil Housley