Re: GNOME Goal Proposal: Port to GMenu

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com> wrote:
> I believe we were talking about keeping File/Edit/View while adding a
> GMenu. If so, the UI would be quite confusing if some things were
> taken out of the normal File/Edit/View menus. If all we're talking
> about is how Epiphany 3.4 works, then that's fine but that's not how I
> read what was written.

In some cases there will be a GMenu and a menu bar (with
File/Edit/View...) for the same app, at least in the short term. I
think that's less confusing than the current situation, in which:

 * some apps have items in their GMenu and some don't
 * global application options don't fit well into existing menu bar
structures (eg. 'Quit' in 'File', 'Preferences' in 'Edit')

We were criticised for the lack of consistency between app menus in
several reviews of the 3.4 release. I would like to avoid that for
3.6.

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org