Re: Module Proposal: Zeitgeist

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Luis Medinas <lmedinas gnome org> wrote:

2012/4/21 Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me>

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Luis Medinas <lmedinas gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

thanks Shaun for your reply, unfortunatly looks like who decides everything for GNOME Project are the Design team or the RedHat employees and not the community.

Please, can we not finger specific companies when you write this?  There isn't some cabal out there.  It' shard for me to start taking anything seriously after the eye rolling after seeing this statement.

Sriram,

do you really want to start talking about what the community think about this ? Because if you want to start talking i recommend to see how many threads we have, specially on gnome-shell ml, about design decisions that makes the community powerless against the almighty Design Team. I don't want to point fingers to

The only point to my response was that fingering Red Hat specifically as part of a cabal is not productive.

If people have issues then they should bring it up on foundation-list in a clear and concise manner.  Most of what I've seen on shell list has been a re-hash of issues long discussed from 3.0 days.

companies which i have much to thank for their hard work, specially their developers, but it's too much coincidence to have all these design decisions from the same people to go against all the community and also to developers who want to share their work with the GNOME Project "just because it's not planned on the Design Team".

In general, I think we should just address the issue and not drag in Red Hat, or Canonical or whatever the company du jour is.  Again, it just distracts from the argument.  That's all I'm saying.

sri