Re: Module Proposal: Zeitgeist

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Luis Medinas <lmedinas gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

thanks Shaun for your reply, unfortunatly looks like who decides everything for GNOME Project are the Design team or the RedHat employees and not the community.

Please, can we not finger specific companies when you write this?  There isn't some cabal out there.  It' shard for me to start taking anything seriously after the eye rolling after seeing this statement.

This makes me belive that the community no longer has the power to decide anything that aren't the way that the designers planned, please don't do the same as the projects you always criticise!

See Alan's mail in this thread.

sri

Now talking about Zeitgeist
2012/4/21 Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
On Sat, 2012-04-21 at 13:46 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2012-04-21 at 12:59 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> >> We have a design and a plan for finding
> >> and reminding, and Zeitgeist doesn't seem like the right technology to
> >> implement that plan.
> >
> > Who's "we"?
>
> "We", the GNOME designers.
>
> > Where is this plan?
>
> It's called Documents, and Photos, and Videos, and Music... basically,
> anything in here:
>
>   https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps
>
> > And why isn't it going through
> > the feature proposal process?
>
> I believe it has.

I'm not seeing it in my mail archives.

Your previous email seems to indicate that the features for 3.6 are
already a foregone conclusion, and that Zeitgeist doesn't fit into
that. But that just can't be, because WE the GNOME community decide
what's in the next version right here on d-d-l during the proposal
period.

--
Shaun