Re: Attention anyone uploading binaries to ftp.gnome.org/pub/binaries - understand the GPL

On 09/22/2011 04:17 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> [...]
> You need to list the corresponding source code for *every one* of these
> libraries.  Otherwise we have no idea - it's whatever version of gtk+
> etc. happened to be installed on your workstation.

Ok, I'll do that then as soon as possible, although I'm afraid it will
take a little bit more of time, since I'm quite busy now with other
matters. Still I'll do my best to do it before the deadline.

> [Not all of these are under the GPL/LGPL, but many are, and it's just
> good practice to link to the source code for MIT things anyways if you
> care about FOSS]

I agree the right thing is to do it for all of them.

> Probably the best way to accomplish this would be to have
> ige-mac-bundler generate the data for you, if it can't already.   From
> what I understand of this whole process, jhbuild's "packagedb" has the
> data, you could extract it from "jhbuild info".

That would be awesome, but for the specific case of frogr I think it
wouldn't be much of a hassle to do it manually anyway.

> I wasn't planning to work on jhbuild support for generating SOURCES
> files until I had time to work on draining my huge queue of jhbuild
> patches after GNOME 3.4 was released, but if it's helpful to you for
> the OS X work I can take a look at it sooner.

Don't worry. If you (or anyone else) do it then it would be great, but
at least for my case there's no urgency at all on these matters.

Thanks for the feedback,
Mario