Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v6)
- From: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org>
- To: Sergey Udaltsov <sergey udaltsov gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v6)
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:42:18 +0200
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Sergey Udaltsov
<sergey udaltsov gmail com> wrote:
> Iirc the fallback mode is using new gtk and stuff... why is it obsolete?
AFAIK the goal was to only maintain it until the very last graphics
chip in use was able to run shell. It's not there as a preference,
it's a fallback mode for unsupported hardware.
> I was asking looking at the anger and nostalgie expressed on phoronix.
Phoronix is a tabloid seeking sensation. They feed on flames, FUD and
“scandals” so their readership is far from being average end users.
It's not the crowd you can cater to as whenever you “fix” one
“problem” they will quickly find a new thing to hate.
I solve problems.
] [Thread Prev