Support vala plugins in gnome-settings-daemon

Dear gnome-developers,

I've started a branch to allow writing plugins for
gnome-settings-daemon in Vala.
It's really convenient to be able to write plugins in Vala; it requires
subclassing a GObject class which is very nontrivial in C but very easy in Vala.
For now, I've only added an empty dummy plugin, but I'd like to use it later.

This requires an extra dependency on valac, but only at distribution
time; I believe
that automake's support for vala actually includes the intermediate C
files in the
tarball, so the user doesn't need the vala compiler.

The branch can be found at [1].

I'm no autotools or vala wizard, so I will really appreciate any your
feedback you
may have.

Best regards,
Timo Kluck