Re: systemd as external dependency
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- To: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Subject: Re: systemd as external dependency
- Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:37:35 +0200
On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 17:51 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 21:50 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Which is why I've asked Lennart to add a flag to systemd's configure to
> > install only the little servicey bits, for Linux distros, and the docs
> > would serve as basis for implementation of other OSes.
> That's fine. I still think other distros/systems may be feel it to be a
> little onerous to have to download a "big system-level package" (even if
> it's just perception) to install random services like that.
> (Maybe a "system-services" tarball, if you really don't like the name of
> AdminKit?) :)
come on, AdminKit was such a great name! :-)
But yes, we should really standardize interfaces, so that any other OS
can easily implement them.
] [Thread Prev