Re: systemd as external dependency
- From: Dave Neary <dneary gnome org>
- To: Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, William Jon McCann <william jon mccann gmail com>, Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>
- Subject: Re: systemd as external dependency
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:51:58 +0200
Johannes Schmid wrote:
> Now, it seems that it is going to become concrete. Defining GNOME OS is
> probably an interesting topic for the upcoming election though.
Please let's not have that be an election topic.
The board does need to help everyone figure this stuff out, and ensure
that people are talking to each other before making strategic decisions
about the project. It may also be the board's role to remind developers
when they are overstepping the mandate they have - although that sounds
more like a job for the release team.
But the board should not be the group making the strategic decisions.
Quite simply, they're not qualified to do it.
GNOME Foundation member
dneary gnome org
] [Thread Prev