Re: systemd as external dependency

Il giorno mer, 18/05/2011 alle 10.40 -0400, William Jon McCann ha
scritto:

> > Having optional Linux-only functionalities is OK;
> > requiring Linux is not.
>
> For Debian perhaps.  However, I don't think this is true for GNOME.
> The future of GNOME is as a Linux based OS.

What's the official position adopted by GNOME Foundation about this
statement?

And was this statement communicated in a neat and undoubtful way to
GNOME contributors and third parties? I mean stuff like: "What is GNOME
OS", "Relationship between future GNOME OS and currently existing
distro", and so on...

Cheers, Luca