Re: New module proposal: LightDM

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:03 AM, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:

> If we look at the LightDM repository there is an example GTK greeter.
> This uses GTK, so it has ATK support.

Yes, is has ATK support as the calculator has. However, the login
manager should start also the AT technologies

> But I think the point you are
> making that I was missing is there is nothing that starts
> at-spi-registryd?  So even though the greeter has ATK support, it will
> not do anything?

That's right, but no only the registry. You also need to start the AT
applications needed by the user, like the screen reader, on screen
keyboard, sticky keys, etc...

Just to make it clear, this is a common use case:
- Bob is a blind users who has installed XX distrbution and configured
to use GNOME in English with an screen reader and the voice he likes.
- After turning on the computer the login manager starts
- The login manager starts the accesibility registry., the greater and
screen reader, so Bob can navigate the greater UI and type his name
and password.

Hope this helps to get a clear picture.

Thanks!

Salu2