Re: First release of geocode-glib available

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 10:20 +0200, Ted Gould wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 16:52 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > This library should be used in place of Geoclue's D-Bus API for
> > geocoding and reverse geocoding.
>
> Is this now deprecated in the Geoclue API?

Pretty much, though I can hardly tell KDE people to start using a
glib-ish library for that. I would expect them to come up with their own
library in due time.

When we have a working new-fangled geoclue to replace the current one,
the API (and the old geoclue code) will most likely disappear of their
own.

>   It seems like there's an
> advantage to using an API that can have multiple providers.

The API is generic enough to support multiple providers, it's just that
there's currently only one implementation.

The fact that we have only one implementation means that we have one
well maintained implementation. I don't think it's much of a problem. Do
you have particular reasons why you think that supporting multiple
backends is actually useful?

Cheers