Re: New module proposal: LightDM
- From: Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- To: Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com>
- Cc: William Jon McCann <william jon mccann gmail com>, GNOME Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: New module proposal: LightDM
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 17:41:11 -0400
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:
> There have been problems for years and years and years. There is some
> point where you need to reconsider if that strategy is appropriate.
So here's some actual data:
It looks like to your credit, you have submitted patches; some like
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=596831 have been accepted,
others like https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=593996
discussed, considered, and rejected. The latter one is obsoleted now
by the accounts service anyways.
I'm not convinced by this data that GDM has been a problematic code
base to work on. You're obviously free to create a new project; but
on the basis above, I'd say you really didn't try very hard to make
real changes in GDM before deciding to rewrite from scratch.
] [Thread Prev