Re: New module proposal: LightDM

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:
> There have been problems for years and years and years.  There is some
> point where you need to reconsider if that strategy is appropriate.

So here's some actual data:;cf_gnome_version=---;query_format=advanced;emaillongdesc1=1;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO;bug_status=RESOLVED;bug_status=VERIFIED;;product=gdm;emailtype1=substring

It looks like to your credit, you have submitted patches; some like have been accepted,
others like
discussed, considered, and rejected.  The latter one is obsoleted now
by the accounts service anyways.

I'm not convinced by this data that GDM has been a problematic code
base to work on.  You're obviously free to create a new project; but
on the basis above, I'd say you really didn't try very hard to make
real changes in GDM before deciding to rewrite from scratch.