Re: GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup

On 10 May 2011 20:10, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> You'd need to ask Richard. I think the only reason it's not builtin to
> the control-center is because it didn't go through design, but I might
> be wrong.

Well, I got shafted in GNOME 3, as I was told I shouldn't have
installed a panel in the control panel without getting approval, and
then the package got dropped by default in Fedora as it didn't fit in
the design guidelines and we were already past the UI freeze. I guess
I'm just a little bitter in retrospect.

At the moment I've removed both the "Working spaces" and "Rendering
intent" tabs as they didn't make much sense. I really want to better
emphasize the need for a color managed workflow (where each input,
display and output devices) have assigned profiles rather than split
up the color profile assignment into the separate display, printer and
unknown-type current panels and perhaps the current UI doesn't reflect
that very well. 3.2

Richard.