Re: Musings on the contacts user experience

On 06/05/11 02:08, Danielle Madeley wrote:
On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 17:05 +0200, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
Not really, we could easily imagine being online without having Empathy
running without having a people tab: user will just have to start
Empathy to see his contact list.

If we don't allow that atm, it's mainly because:
A) The Shell presence doesn't have a 'Offline' mode or at least a way to
properly integrate IM and desktop presence at the same time.

Am I the only one who thinks this is simple as:

"Go Online for Chat and Calls [ Off | On ]"

No, I agree with you on this. As said before, I think the presence menu should have online/offline presence states and the rest should be done in the background (for all account types) (i.e. no starting separate clients etc).

in the bottom of the presence menu?

B) Some things (such as muc invitations, incoming file transfer) still
require the 'empathy' process to be running.

I am strongly looking forward to decoupling the empathy process from
changing account presences when it goes on/offline.

Me too.

--
Regards,
Martyn