Re: Musings on the contacts user experience

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 17:05 +0200, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> Not really, we could easily imagine being online without having Empathy
> running without having a people tab: user will just have to start
> Empathy to see his contact list.
>
> If we don't allow that atm, it's mainly because:
> A) The Shell presence doesn't have a 'Offline' mode or at least a way to
> properly integrate IM and desktop presence at the same time.

Am I the only one who thinks this is simple as:

"Go Online for Chat and Calls [ Off | On ]"

in the bottom of the presence menu?

> B) Some things (such as muc invitations, incoming file transfer) still
> require the 'empathy' process to be running.

I am strongly looking forward to decoupling the empathy process from
changing account presences when it goes on/offline.

--danni

--
Danielle Madeley
Software Developer, Collabora Ltd.                  Melbourne, Australia

www.collabora.co.uk