Re: empathy integration with the desktop

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:15 AM, Pierre Benz <benz pierre gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Pierre Benz <benz pierre gmail com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
>> > Another alternative is to add a "offline" entry under available/busy in
>> > the user menu and start with that active, then autospawn empathy if
>> > needed when you switch to available or busy.
>>
>> I think "offline" is a really bad name as it would indicate to a lot of
>> people that they don't have internet access when they don't switch it to
>> "Online" or "Available". I don't know of a better name but I think having
>> "Offline" next to the NetworkManager isn't a bright idea.
>
> Maybe "Hidden"?
On second thought, "Hidden" is meaningless. The same with "Invisible".
Neither of them convey that the user is withholding their online
presence from others.

It should be "Available" or "Unavailable"  why you're unavailable could be a secondary status.. but in general it should be those two statuses.

sri