Re: no way to change theme or fonts in System Settings?

The story I've heard is that we haven't supported themes because we
make no guarantees about CSS class stability: CSS support was a nifty
thing that was added so that we could put up a couple actors and mold
them like clay into our mockups very quickly and easily. With the
gnome 3 release, I doubt we'll add have a theme switcher out of the
box.

We've accepted patches to add API to make it easier for people making
third-party theme switchers: SardemFF7 has one, a random guy from
deviantart (not half-left) has another, and there's also
gnome-plumbing and gnome-tweak-tool.