Re: install-module / ftp.gnome.org / master.gnome.org

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 02:13:21PM +0000, Javier Jardón wrote:
> On 2 March 2011 14:01, David King <davidk openismus com> wrote:
> > On 2011-03-02 13:46, Javier Jardón <jjardon gnome org> wrote:
> >
> >> I think would be better dist-xz instead, as xz displaced the lzma
> >> format some time ago [1]
> >>

> > This seems like another good reason to push the (proposed) autotools
> > modernisation goal:
> >
> > http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/ModernAutotools
> >
> > at least once someone adds the dist-xz suggestion to that page. ;)
>
> Done :)
>
> BTW, any objection to change the status of this from propossed to an
> approved GnomeGoal?

The current install-module doesn't handle anything other than .gz or
.bz2. So cannot make such a change now.

Makes sense to allow .xz, even if ftp.gnome.org would only host bz2
(quicker tarball uploads). Want to wait a bit for enough feedback. I'd
like to go for one format only.

--
Regards,
Olav