Re: Tiling in mutter

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Sandy Armstrong
<sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:

> I looked into this briefly after this year's Boston Summit.

Neat!  I wish I'd been able to be there =/

> Existing tiling-like features in mutter (drag window to side to take
> up half of screen, etc) are not implemented as extensions.

Right, because they're part of the design.

> Rather,
> they are right in the mutter core, and overriding that behavior with
> extensions seems like it would be a pain.

Probably; but hooks could be added.  Firefox AFAIK has similar
unused-by-core hooks specifically intended for extensions like HTTP
header debuggers or NoScript.

> What's the best mailing list to discuss mutter stuff like this?
> gnome-shell-list?

Yeah.