Re: two choices dangerous for Gnome 3

Le mercredi 09 février 2011 à 22:39 +0100, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 09.02.2011, 22:31 +0100 schrieb Gendre Sebastien:
> > ok, but why? Why change these 2 choice is reserved to power-user?
> >
> > I don't understand the logic behind lack.
>
> Because all sane use-cases can be handled better way (for example
> applications prevent suspend, etc.). I think that has been explained
> quite a bit in the previous thread and in the comments on the initial
> blog post.

Ok, I understand this logic. But it create some other questions in my
mind:
- Is it already implemented in softwares?
- Can we request that to not gnome software (Are we not being ignored)?
- If a software prevent suspend and crash, what's going on there?
- If a software prevent suspend wan't to force suspend, can he?
- That does he not sow confusion among users about how they laptop work?
(why it supend when? And why it don't suspend when?)

> BTW, I doubt that a discussion on desktop-devel-list will change
> anything.

Yes, but where?

> This is a list to coordinate GNOME development, not about
> design/usability/feature decisions because those are mostly done by
> individual maintainers/teams.

All these choices are personal and make by isolated individuals or is it
panned with the community?