Re: IRC channels in gnome development

Hi!

> Guys, for a sake of a sanity. I've been around gnome since pre 2.0
> times. And all times up to now we supposed that OSS is about
> democratic process, where programmers are not told buy big enterprise
> daddy what to write. Now, you former windows/sco/ibm/sun programmers
> are coming and saying that is wasn't. Yes, there are some big
> developers who can steer the way of a project, but nobody up to now
> just came I said what you have just said!

Hmm, yes the developers code what THEY want and not what a company tells
them to do. But that isn't democratic because that still doesn't mean they
do what a majority or mailing list posts/non-involved people want.

> You can't complete your shell if you drop off all the remaining
> developers of the boat. Shell is already a buggy hell, that will take
> many months just to stabilize. Now, probably you realize that simply
> dumping your privately developed project on a community in hope that
> it will accept and maintain it doesn't work.

Please don't rant, file bugs if there are things that don't work for you.

Regards,
Johannes