Re: IRC channels in gnome development

You're asking to change the way things have been done for years -
which isn't an argument to not do things that way, but just pointing
it ou.

However, the GNOME Design team has regular office hours in IRC where
everyone is welcome to come and ask questions - I'm not a designer,
but I don't know what more you can ask for if IRC is going to be used.
 Development is not a democracy - and for those who are going to do
get things done, discussion via IRC and its immediacy is a powerful
tool.  I personally think asking IRC not to be used for "important"
(which is relative) decisions is not realistic.

Paul