Re: Anyone using UNCONFIRMED in Bugzilla?

hi Tristan;

On 27 December 2011 19:35, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:
> I personally don't need a 'new' bug state.
>
> However, I did run into a situation where old bugs were getting inadvertently
> closed because they were 'unconfirmed', at which point I had to run through
> my emails and re-open perfectly valid 'unconfirmed' bugs.
>
> Again, I don't care if there are many bug states, add some if you wish,
> I only need unconfirmed and resolved personally. I'll be happy that
> at least bugs don't get inadvertently closed due to their long-term
> 'unconfirmed'ness.

you can use per-product triage guidelines:

  https://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/TriageGuide/ProductSpecificGuidelines

and you can ask the bugsquad never to close an old, unconfirmed bug on
the products you maintain.

the wiki page above is linked from the product page on Bugzilla, and I
think also in the maintainers corner wiki section, but it probably
needs to be publicised more, to increase its effectiveness, and to
make the work of the triagers easier.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--