Re: gudev from my grandpa

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 02:04:25PM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> >    Not for me so far, just that davidz said lots of bugs have been
> > fixed since version 147.
>
> It might be better to focus on what Colin is working on in jhbuild; to
> make it use system dependencies if they're available. However, it
> assumes the version in jhbuild is the minimum required version.

Shouldn't jhbuild build the recommended version instead? I hardly
see the point on building, in some cases, fairly outdated packages.

The minimum required version makes sense when you bypass building the
package and just use the system version. You don't alienate developers
willing to build their own packages if you let them build a recommended
instead of a minimum version.

I guess a configuration option not to build the recommended package
version at all if the minimum version required is present would help
those wanting to go through the build as quickly as possible.

Claudio