Re: gudev from my grandpa

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 02:47:35PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:34:36PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> >>   Ah, sorry! My dyslexia kicks-in sometimes. However, thats still
> >> pretty old so my question remains.
> >
> > We upgrade if needed. Keeping the requirements low makes it easier to
> > use stuff from your distribution.
>
>   Please note that I was talking of providing a newer gudev in
> jhbuild, not bump the minimum requirement.

>From my POV it is effectively the same thing. If the newer version is
used in gudev, then jhbuilders + buildbots + release-team won't notice
if you depend on a newer gudev.

> > Is a newer version needed?
>
>    Not for me so far, just that davidz said lots of bugs have been
> fixed since version 147.

It might be better to focus on what Colin is working on in jhbuild; to
make it use system dependencies if they're available. However, it
assumes the version in jhbuild is the minimum required version.
--
Regards,
Olav