Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v4)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 01:20:53 +0300
"Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Felipe Contreras
> <felipe contreras gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > Nothing is ever perfect, but having at least some results is better
> > than nothing.
>
>   Since you have repeated this assertion a few times, I must ask: What
> if the results are all wrong and we don't have any way of knowing
> that? Would those results still be better than nothing in your
> opinion?

In that hypothetical case possibly not. But that isn't really likely to
be the case even with a bad survey, especially if you start looking at
how people used the open comments and asking why questions, or looking at
the debate it triggers.

You can learn things even by asserting a position and seeing the

Alan