Re: SoC idea: desktop file cache
- From: Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- To: Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Developers Mailing List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: SoC idea: desktop file cache
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:18:47 -0400
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com> wrote:
> Sounds like a god idea.
I try to be modest, but it's hard to turn down deification...
> At this point, I would like to just mention that Tracker already mines
> applications and it is REALLY fast at this.
My first reaction is fear here honestly - part of that is that SPARQL
and RDF ontologies are just not something I live and breathe...
But when you say "mines applications", you mean it parses the .desktop
files and it's generating some index on the Name fields or something?
Can you point me to some code?
] [Thread Prev