Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

On 8 October 2010 03:13, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
>> The best solution IMHO would be to import PO files for all applications,
>> and integrate them into Damned Lies. Else, we're taking the risk of
>> losing consistency, and « moduleset » won't mean anything in the end.
>
> I am afraid that the problem is not to import PO files in damned-lies but
> to commit them from damned-lies to the repositories. And we have to find a
> solution for this while keeping the current permissions that are specific
> to git.gnome.org.

>From a Launchpad perspective, a translation branch can be imported
from git into a bzr branch in Launchpad.  This would involve zero
change from an LP maintainer perspective (currently, there is a bzr
branch in LP for translations that gets written to by translators
through the web interface; maintainers merge that branch before a
release).

So the trick then would be having Damned Lies import pot/po files from
a bzr trunk.  Then GNOME translators can edit them in git like they
like.  Then LP can import that translation branch with changes.

Eh?
-mt