Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

On 7 October 2010 07:57, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> What about Launchpad? I think if we want to integrate which other hosting
> possibilities we definitely need a working i18n-solution with Transiflex
> and Launchpad before accepting applications from there. Probably something
> the sysadmin-team and the i18n-team should focus on in this cycle.

For Launchpad applications (such as mine, Deja Dup), I proposed three
ways we could smooth the way for GNOME/LP interaction last time this
came up:

1) Having an approved GNOME coding team (~gnome-team?) that the
maintainer sets to own the trunk.  This way, documenters and
GNOME-approved coders can directly commit.  It would be best if being
added to that team was automatic.  Then have some documentation that
says, "for this app, here is the trunk".

2) Having the maintainer set the approved translation team to
'~gnome-translation-project' and having some documentation for
translators that this particular app lives in launchpad.  With
Launchpad Translations, they wouldn't need direct access to trunk, but
it wouldn't hurt if they chose to edit directly instead of the web
interface.  Existing translation teams should be encouraged to join
that team (or automatically added), as it seems a little sparse right
now: https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/gnome-translation-project

3) For the documentation team, a similar situation.  Again, this would
need some documentation that says, 'for this app, edit docs in this
trunk'.  Then they could directly commit.

-mt