Re: Please ship changelogs in your tarballs

Hi!

> Anyway, as you said, I think it would be good to add autotools stuff for
> this, and have all modules ship with their git changelog, since it can
> be useful to distributors and users.

Why is it useful? It's duplication of information (in a strange format)
that is available through git and even through our git-webinterface. A
distributer not able to use that information is probably not really a
good person for that job.

For the user, there is a NEWS file that contains what changed in the
bigger picture (usually containing all fixed bugs for example).

For me, only the GPL requirement could be a reason to generate a
ChangeLog but I think a generated ChangeLog is not nearly as useful as
something hand-written for anybody.

Regards,
Johannes