Re: Please ship changelogs in your tarballs

Le dimanche 03 octobre 2010 à 10:48 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi a écrit :
> then the section is referring to the licensee, i.e. people
> redistributing the program under the terms of the license, not the
> original authors of the program itself; in this case, the Debian
> developer applying distribution patches and thus modifying the copy of
> the program.
Good point, but what if the author is not the copyright owner of all the
codebase ? Many module maintainers (like me) are releasing modifications
of a large codebase that was written by many other people. Thus, they
aren't the « original authors » of their module, and I'm not sure what
rule should apply (just wondering).

Anyway, as you said, I think it would be good to add autotools stuff for
this, and have all modules ship with their git changelog, since it can
be useful to distributors and users.

Regards