Re: Can you help me to merge your avatars?

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 09:58:23AM +0100, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> > Have you a correspondency table such that using it I can say "this
> > person and this one are actually the same physical person"? I'm
> > focused on the committers, mailers and bug reporters.
>
> I am pretty sure gnome.org has this in the LDAP but I wouldn't like
> gnome.org to give this information because I consider that confident and
> private.

It is not in LDAP.

LDAP contains userids, names and email addresses for SSH accounts. We do
not store peoples configured git identity setting, nor their Bugzilla
id, nor the email address used on mailing lists.

The LDAP email addresses might:
 * reflect what a user configured in Git, but it doesn't have to be the
   case
 * be the same as their Bugzilla email address, but might not (e.g. for me)
 * be the same as what is used on a mailing list, but not required

But in every case: could be the same, could be different.

Also, we update LDAP details when requested. History is not kept.

--
Regards,
Olav