Re: x-jhbuild-0.2 can be used with gnome, too

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 09:10:56AM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:31 AM, Dirk Wallenstein <halsmit t-online de> wrote:

> >> And this is nothing that can be done as an extension to JHbuild?
> >
> > It facilitates a lot. No registration. A plug-in can be any executable.
> >

> It sounds like a gratitious fork to me. If you really want to take it
> in an entirely different direction, then I'd recommend a name that is
> more clearly distinct, like dwbuild, maybe...

It evolved from a small wrapper, like sjhbuild.  I thought about a
different name a while back -- I guess it's a good idea.  Although not
dwbuild.  It already focuses too much on Git as that it could
serve the general applicability of JHBuild.  In the next steps version
selection will go from modulesets to the configuration and there will be a
general dependency graph in a repogroup database, etc.  I hope you don't
mind transparently using some JHBuild subcommands for a while without
mentioning it in the name.

--
Greetings,
Dirk