Re: Versioned symbols for 3.0?
- From: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad esfahbod gmail com>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- Subject: Re: Versioned symbols for 3.0?
- Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 21:55:41 +0200
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:
>>> Well, the arguments against symbol versioning have not really changed
>>> since ca 2005, so we do we need to discuss this again ?
>> Please kindly point me to a list of arguments as I was not a
>> participant in that discussion.
> I don't really feel like doing too much of the googling work for you,
> but here are some pointers:
I've seen the first and the third but I still don't see the cons.
Again, I don't propose dropping the current best practices (padded
structs, ABI versions in soname and whatnot), just adding something
that would make packaging easier for us distros.
] [Thread Prev