Re: Versioned symbols for 3.0?

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:
>

>>> Well, the arguments against symbol versioning have not really changed
>>> since ca 2005, so we do we need to discuss this again ?
>>
>> Please kindly point me to a list of arguments as I was not a
>> participant in that discussion.
> I don't really feel like doing too much of the googling work for you,
> but here are some pointers:
>
> http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/300
> http://www106.pair.com/rhp/parallel.html
> http://markmail.org/message/cycj43j6wciyzjj5

I've seen the first and the third but I still don't see the cons.
Again, I don't propose dropping the current best practices (padded
structs, ABI versions in soname and whatnot), just adding something
that would make packaging easier for us distros.

--
Patryk Zawadzki