Re: Module Proposal: GNOME Activity Journal

2010/5/6 Colin Walters <walters verbum org>:
> * How does this affect resource consumption on the desktop - if I
> don't ever launch Activity Journal, is Zeitgeist running?

That depends on whether there is something else using it. Zeitgeist
won't start until something starts it via D-Bus activation, be it a
data-source which wants to insert data into it or an application which
requests information from it. Once a request is processed, Zeitgeist
will idle until the next request arrives.

2010/5/6 Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>:
> I would add that you'd be adding libzeitgeist features, and that it
> would mean having it as an external dependency (since it doesn't live on
> the GNOME servers).

Zeitgeist was listed as an external dependency in Thorsten's message.
Libzeitgeist is unrelated to GNOME Activity Journal, as being written
in Python it uses Zeitgeist's Python module (included in the core
tarball).

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3