Re: (L)GPLv3

On 07/06/2010 03:00 PM, Ryan Lortie wrote:
hi Vincent,

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 09:26 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Do you feel okay with the idea of allowing proprietary apps to use our
platform but not GPLv2 apps?

In short, yes.

Can't the platform libraries of gnome be considered as a development platform, and therefore being legally "linkable" from a GPL2 point of view, even if the library itself is LGPL?

I mean, I think exceptions exist in GPL to allow programs to link against proprietary platform libraries, to allow some GPL software to run in proprietary MacOS or Microsoft ecosystems, don't they? Our own equivalent of those libraries are glib and gtk+

This would make things a lot simpler.