Re: New propossed GnomeGoal: Modernize your autotools configuration

Le lundi 22 février 2010, à 15:29 +0100, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> Le mardi 26 janvier 2010 à 03:26 +0100, Javier Jardón a écrit :
> > You can see more tips and links to the documentation in the GnomeGoal
> > page: [3], for example:
>
> > [3] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/ModernAutotools
>
> I read there:
>         Try to avoid the use of AM_MAINTAINER_MODE.

There's also a comment from Christian: "While I agree that removal of
AM_MAINTAINER_MODE is right, the debian maintainers seem to disagree
(see e.g. 450450  and 532550). So this part should be discussed on ddl
first."

So let's discuss :-) For reference, this macro is documented at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/automake/maintainer_002dmode.html

> I am very disappointed to see that. Packages without AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
> will break erratically when we introduce patches downstream, so the only
> thing it achieves is making things harder for us.
>
> Instead I’d like to see *all* modules use AM_MAINTAINER_MODE([enable]).

I'm fine with AM_MAINTAINER_MODE([enable]).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.