Re: External Dependency Proposal: libappindicator

Le vendredi 19 février 2010, à 14:16 +0100, Christian Persch a écrit :
> Hi;
>
> > I would like to propose libappindicator as an external dependency.
> > libappindicator is a simple library that provides a way for an
> > application to put a menu inside an application specific area, most
> > typically on a panel.  It also provides a fallback to generic KDE
> > Status Notifier Item and Notification Area protocols.
> >
> > Webpage:  http://launchpad.net/indicator-application
> > Design:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationIndicators
> > Tarballs: https://launchpad.net/indicator-application/+download
> > License:  LGPL v2/3
> > Bindings: Python and Mono
>
> I'd like register my immediate objection to accepting this as an
> external dependency.
>
> According to http://www.canonical.com/contributors this work is covered
> under canonical's horrible and inacceptable contributor
> agreement. IMNSHO Gnome should not depend  on any work that treats
> external contributors in such a way.

FWIW, the Foundation is working on some guidelines wrt copyright
assigments to help decide when a copyright assigment should be
acceptable for the project. We're still gathering comments, but I hope
we'll have a public draft available next week.

(I didn't read the above agreement, so can't comment whether it's okay
or not)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.