Re: External Dependency Proposal: libappindicator

Hi;

> I would like to propose libappindicator as an external dependency.
> libappindicator is a simple library that provides a way for an
> application to put a menu inside an application specific area, most
> typically on a panel.  It also provides a fallback to generic KDE
> Status Notifier Item and Notification Area protocols.
>
> Webpage:  http://launchpad.net/indicator-application
> Design:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationIndicators
> Tarballs: https://launchpad.net/indicator-application/+download
> License:  LGPL v2/3
> Bindings: Python and Mono

I'd like register my immediate objection to accepting this as an
external dependency.

According to http://www.canonical.com/contributors this work is covered
under canonical's horrible and inacceptable contributor
agreement. IMNSHO Gnome should not depend  on any work that treats
external contributors in such a way.

Also, why is this LGPL 2&3-only instead of the usual LGPL 2.1-or-later?

Regards,
	Christian