Re: Module proposal: GNOME Color Manager

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 10:27 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Purpose: GNOME Color Manager is a session framework for the GNOME
> desktop environment that makes it easy to manage easy to manage,
> install and generate color profiles.

In view of the fact that the Cairo graphics library community has no
consensus whatsoever[1] on how to accomplish colour management, how is
doing colour management it in a higher level library going to accomplish
much?

AfC
Sydney

[1]: endless threads for the last 3 months, really but
http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2010-January/018806.html
is a good starting point. You'll need to load the February index as well
to keep following the thread. Fascinating discussion; I was about to
blog about it, actually. I note that Richard popped up occasionally in
these threads, but the only thing we heard from him is about potentially
adding colour profile support to GtkImage. Where did GNOME Color Manager
come from?

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy
focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems
review, and effective procedures for change management: enabling
successful deployment of mission critical information technology in
enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London