Re: gnome-panel & gnome-applets?

Le mercredi 29 décembre 2010, à 09:34 +0100, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> Le mardi 28 décembre 2010 à 16:53 +0100, Carlos Garcia Campos a écrit :
> > > Is the GNOME 3 panel compatible with the GNOME 2 applets?
> >
> > There's no gnome 3 panel, gnome-panel hasn't been ported to gtk3 yet,
> > there's a branch but it's outdated and it still doesn't work.
>
> That’s good then. But does this panel work fine with the GNOME 3
> components? Especially the new control-center ?

That work hasn't been done yet, but it shouldn't be a big deal to make
it work with the new control center.

To answer other gnome-panel & GNOME 3 questions in this thread:

 + I want to have gnome-panel use gtk+ 3, yes. Patches welcome, since
   every time I try to secure time for this, I fail.

 + even if we move to gtk+ 3, there's no hard difficulty in maintaining
   bonobo compatibility for applets, as an external module to
   gnome-panel. We can simply take the compatibility module that exists
   today and move it out of process.

I certainly do hope that this thread indicates that some people want to
step up to do some active maintenance of gnome-panel ;-)

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.