Re: Holes in GNOME 3 process

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
> So, we have a nice schedule for GNOME 3 at:
>
>  http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNinetyone/
>
> That's not in itself going to get us to a good solid GNOME 3. There
> seems to a lot more stuff that needs doing on the coordination side, and
> if it's happening, it's not being very well advertised, because I
> couldn't find any evidence of it looking around. A few things that jump
> to mind listed below.

To repeat what I said in my blog post earlier:

I think we should get together with interested parties and make some
concrete plans to ensure a smooth landing for GNOME 3. My proposal
is:

Tuesday December 7, 14:00EST / 19:00 UTC
in #release-team on GimpNet

To discuss questions like

• What are the gaps that we have to fill for 3.0
• How do we track blockers
• How do we monitor and avoid build breakages
• How do we get things tested daily

Matthias