Re: Holes in GNOME 3 process

Dnia 2010-11-30, wto o godzinie 16:26 -0500, Owen Taylor pisze:
> Standard ways to test GNOME 3 as an OS
> ======================================
> If someone wanted to test their application on GNOME 3 or hack on GNOME
> 3, the options are slim:
>
>  - You can jhbuild GNOME 3 on top of something. Figuring
>    out for yourself:
>
>     - What dependencies you need to install (gnome-shell-build-setup.sh
>       gets you partially there)
>     - How to get past the modules that are red on build.gnome.org
>     - How to log in to the session you built. (There are some hints in
>       the jhbuild manual, but they aren't sufficient.
>
> This isn't going to materially change before we get GNOME 3 out, but we
> need documented clarity .. _this_ is how you test GNOME 3.

Well, a working jhbuild tutorial would be a great thing IMNSHO.
Gathering information from search engines is all fine and good, that is
if you can find them all at once. I for one, have utterly failed on
getting jhbuild to work reasonably, despite giving it a few shots and
pestering people on IRC...

Regards,
--
Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś