Re: Module Proposal: Zeitgeist

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 08:10 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:

> As for VCS and bug tracking it'll be quite a lot more work on our part
> if we should move. I don't think anyone in the team is directly
> opposed to the idea, but it's more the fact that it would be a major
> inconvenience. We make heavy use of Launchpad's branc/review features
> and integration with blueprints and bugs. Of course we can replace
> this with a hand held combination of bugzilla and wikipages, but it
> would be a major change in our workflow.

I do the same for couchdb-glib and evolution-couchdb: the code is in
GNOME Git, and imported in Launchpad, so you still can branch, propose
stuff for reviewing, and then, when branches are accepted, you just
merge it to GNOME Git (I do it by hand, because I haven't had much time
to look at bzr-git, but it should be possible, I think, to just merge
from the bzr branch to GNOME Git).

Only problem I've found doing so is that launchpad only imports Git
master, so it doesn't work for Git branches, if you use them