Re: GSettings and you

On 21 April 2010 09:26, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On 20 April 2010 15:45, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
>> GSettings. Here are a couple of notes (in addition to some questions
>> from Richard who was porting gnome-color-manager):
>
> Some more questions:

For gnome-packagekit and gnome-power-manager we currently do a DBus
call to set the default or mandatory values of some keys for all users
(which in turn uses PolicyKit for authorization). How do we do this
with GSettings? I've not seen any API in the code to do this, although
the docs state "Both have a concept of mandatory values, which lets
you implement lock-down" which leads me to think that it should be
possible.

Thanks,

Richard.