Re: Packages with no changelogs

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 13:15 +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:

> I can only second Joss' request to have useful changelogs again in *all*
tarballs...

there, I fixed it for you. :-)

on the serious side: auto-generation of ChangeLogs is all fine and
dandy, but distribution packagers should care about the NEWS files being
correct[0]; a NEWS file is usually much more readable than an old style
ChangeLog[1].

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

+++

[0] I'm guilty of shoving `git shortlog` into gnome-utils NEWS; but I
also ask the committers to gnome-utils to be clear in the short commit
description.

[1] not so true for a Git commit log, especially if people start using
tools like git-bz and there is a nice correspondence between Buzgilla
entries and Git commit logs.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name