Re: Packages with no changelogs

2009/9/26 Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>:
> It would be nice if maintainers could add changelog generation in all
> such modules – preferably one that doesn’t generate megabyte-large
> changelogs.

Thank you for bringing this up.

Automatically generating changelogs for release is trivial with
git[1]. ChangeLogs exist for a reason and the migration to git has
changed nothing in that respect. I'd like to hear coherent reasons
other than "Oh, you can get it from git" (which is the same as the
former excuse "Oh, you can get it from svn")

1. http://live.gnome.org/Git/ChangeLog
--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

GNOME+Mozilla Team, Gentoo