Re: Module proposal: dconf

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 15:54 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Take 20,000 distro Gnome users, what percentage of them do you think have
> ever hand edited their configuration, what percentage do you think have
> ever used things like gconftool. For that matter what percentage of
> normal users do you think even understand the question "Have you ever
> hand edited your gconf database"

No doubt.  But ask that same question of sysadmins, and
you'll probably get a different answer.

A better user experience trumps sysadmin concerns in my
book, but I would like to see some discussion of what
sorts of tools we'll be providing for administration.
I'd hate for us to lose out on a large deployment for
not being sysadmin-friendly.

--
Shaun